Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Persistence...

Somehow I don't seem to get away from databases. Either I follow them, or they me.

My first job for CERN was to support the VAXes on which Oracle (and other applications) ran. After 5 years, I moved to 'File and Tape Management', which meant both Oracle and SQL/DS (of which more later.) (Another ~5 years...)

As we prepared to make the jump to OO, Object Databases and the Object Data Management Group (ODMG) came up. (The next 1/2 decade...)

And then it was back to Oracle. (For guess how long...)

Even now, when focussing on getting the LCG Services in full operation ready for LHC operation, most of the services involve a database - Oracle and/or MySQL.

Well, not so many hemi-decades to go, unless I take it up as a hobby later...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home